Saturday, September 19, 2009

new msn messenger is bloody crap !

who thinks the new msn messenger is crap ? i do ! there are so many reasons.....

firstly, Microsoft forces us to install the new version, otherwise you can't use it ! how dodgy is that ? they are so up themselves ! they are taking away our freedom

secondly, the use of green, red, and yellow coloured boxes for availability status is such a copy of IBM's Lotus Notes!....Lotus notes has been using that design for many versions now. And when you look at a contact or you scroll over the coloured box, it doesn't tell you which status it is in words. So, newbs wouldn't be able to figure out what the coloured availability boxes mean.

thirdly, the email count only shows "99+" when you have more than 99 emails in your inbox, which i do. It doesn't show the exact number. So now I can't freakin tell if my email has new messages or not.

the new msn messenger is just bloody crap !

anyone else have more complaints ?

we should all boycott it !

9 comments:

  1. Tell me about it! Yeh I think the new MSN is so bloody crap!

    But, being a die-hard MSN addict, I just can't boycott it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it! Yeh I think the new MSN is so bloody crap!

    But, being a die-hard MSN addict, I just can't boycott it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey what did ming say to veron before they got into the car?







    veron, get in the car

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree on all you points.
    Apart from the interface being absolutely unusable and totally irritating the FACT that I was forced to upgrade is just improper and unethical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with you that new msn messenger is bloody crap ! and not working properly.It's makes so error and disconnecting the chatting more and more.

    dsi r4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who do they think they are kidding? in the 1st place we never asked for anything different and now every time you sign into it its like a blessed obstacle course . I think they are fast losing the blessed plot.

    Every time MSN change something now they install all sorts of extra unworkable useless rubbish on with it..Give us a break MSN we don't want it. I reckon Skype will be happy now people will flock their in their thousands..far superior less crap I will for sure

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't talk to people if i appear offline, which is irritating :( since i have to appear online to that person to speak. Also meaning that i can't leave offline messages for anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I preferred it when they listed the contacts in the maximised msn screen ¬¬ I'd rather have an msn name where i can write whatever, not have my name and all my contacts names... can't tell what anyone's msn names are :@ GRRRRR i can't download msn plus for this either :'( hope they get rid of all the new stuff. it feels more like a downgrade!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i used to keep some people i didn't like blocked and occasionally i would appear offline, that is now impossible to do with the new msn. It is impossible to back appear online to everyone except those you 'blocked' without having to manually do it everytime. Bottom line - new msn sucks BRING BACK THE BLOCK FEATURE!

    ReplyDelete