Monday, September 7, 2009

Spring time! Tulip is my favourite flower~



Spring time! Having been living in Canberra for nearly three years now, spring time (Sept/Oct) has always been my favourite time of the year. During spring time, I especially enjoy driving along Gungahlin Drive (which is very close to where I live) to admire the beautiful scenery and play "spot the kangaroos" game with my boyfriend (hehe!).

More importantly, Floriade (http://www.floriadeaustralia.com/) is on in Sept and Oct every year in Canberra. According to Wikipedia, it's the largest flower show in Australia (how exciting is that!). As seen from the ad, Floriade is gonna start on 12 Sept this year. The reason why I always anticipate going to Floriade is that tulips have always been the central display flower every year. Tulips have always been my favourite flower since I was young.

Talking about tulips, it reminds me of this little incident. Two years ago, Mr M took me out to this revolving restaurant at Telstra Tower on the top of Black Mountain for a very nice fine dining dinner. Not knowing me too well back then, Mr M didn't know I easily get motion sickness. I have been feeling dizzy and wanting to vomit throughout the dinner (but I was too scared to tell him because we weren't too close back then and it was an expensive dinner). After the dinner, we walked around the Telstra Tower. Eventually, Mr M gave me a rose (rose! OMG! How old fashioned! I hate roses!). Having seen too many chick flicks, Mr M assumed that all girls like roses. Two years onwards, I still find it soooo funny that I can't forget Mr M's disappointed face when I told him I hate roses and tulip has always been my favourite flower. Hahaha!

From then on, Mr M has learnt his lesson and eventually became my lovely boyfriend (the co-author of this blog).

On a side note, for those who will be visiting Canberra for the Floriade, you may be interested in knowing about the Tulip Top Gardens (http://www.tuliptopgardens.com.au/) which Mr M and I went last year. It is just a 15 mins drive north from Canberra. People driving from Sydney to Canberra will actually drive past it. It displays half a million of tulips and cherry blossom trees and is less crowded and thus more romantic than the Floriade (as not many people know about the existence of this place).



By: Veron

5 comments:

  1. Heard Floriade is having evening session (night fest) with night market, music, firework.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow vEron... hehe interesting... didnt know about this ... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. rose and tulip are the same :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite flower is Rafflesia arnoldi-hoyre.
    Look it up on google =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting ! but that looks like some alien plant. like its gonna eat u

    ReplyDelete